Cordis, Shanghai, Hongqiao is Langham Hospitality Group’s first Cordis in Mainland China. The 396-room upscale hotel is located right in the heart of The Hub which gives guests convenient access to both business and leisure facilities including shopping mall, movie theatre and restaurants. It is seamlessly connected to the Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station and Metro Lines 2, 10 and 17 via underground and overhead access. The Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport is only 20 minutes’ walk and 5 minutes’ drive away.
As declared in our mission statement, Cordis, Shanghai, Hongqiao is the heart of Hongqiao and we recognize the potential impact businesses have on the local community and the environment at large. Therefore, Connect – our sustainability programme, is in place to address and manage issues or initiatives that protect the local community and our environment. Connect focuses on four areas - Governance, Environment, Community and Colleagues.
Our Primary Focus
- Reduction in the demand on energy and water as well as other natural resources
- Involvement of colleagues in community projects
- Involvement of partners, media and guests in environmental protection initiatives
- Monitoring and benchmarking energy consumption
- To provide the clean air to our guest rooms through our partnership with “ Pure Living”
- Raising awareness on environmental issues such as the protection of endangered species
- Engagement of employees from local community and provide appropriate skill training
- Implementation of energy and water management plans
- Engagement of partners and the local community through educational programmes on the Red Panda
- Engagement of colleagues through long-term support programme with the Rainbow School
- Enhance interaction with local sub-district and government divisions to serve local community
- Formation of Connect working group to drive policies and initiatives
- Build an environment that promotes mutual respect and embraces societal and cultural differences
- Provide a safe working environment
- Adhere to fair trade principle in our procurement process by partnering with local suppliers
We are wholly committed to the continual improvement in environmental and social sustainability performance, annual benchmarking and compliance with local environmental legislation as a minimum level of performance.